Oh I love pickles! I've been looking into creating some homemade pickles for awhile and decided that with how crazy busy our schedules are refrigertor pickles would be the way to go.
Here is what you'll need
10-12 pickling cucumbers
* 4 cups water
* 2 cups white vinegar
* 2 tablespoons kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* big bunch of dill
* 1 head of garlic, skins removed, cloves smashed
* 10 peppercorn kernels
How to make refrigerator Pickles
1. Slice cucumbers into chips or spear or keep whole
(I did two jars of chips and one of whole pickles)
2. To make brine, combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and swirl to make sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. Add cucumbers to jars. Don't pack too tight super tight. You'll need room for brine. Add the fresh dill, smashed garlic, and peppercorns to the jars. Drown them in brine. Seal with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator for at least one week. Pickles should be good for at least 4-6 weeks after that